Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Cave


"I stopped combing my mind so my thoughts could lock . . . "
-Saul Williams,
the dead emcee scrolls

I'm digging my way to China
Through the concrete I walk on
Away from the Sun's Heat
Into promising darkness, that which becomes me
Swisha, I'm far from Sweet
So feel free to put it Bluntly
From where you at, I MUST look a fool
While U Enjoy the open air, letting the wind blow your hair
Filthy niggas, trying to boast with flair
But only few can rule
And in my cave, its hard to lose my cool
Unlike U
The block's hot, feel me?
Let's hotbox, feel me?
Living in a cave does not limit my flight skills
And the fan's blowing
so I won't lose this cool

Feel me?

Tip-toeing around these black holes
For bankrolls that draw me in like stencils
By the fortune-tellings of fortune
drawn in my mental
Watch my Step, I scale the Stairs of Time
While they aim for a Strike, I'm just trying to Spare their minds
In this Stage of my Life
I don't perform for the critics
Just exploring the mystics
and pop-lock, feel me?
I pop locks, feel me?
No Doors Could Keep Me Out
You feel me, now?
As I dictate in this cave
never losing my cool . . .
Just intake the Swish blaze
and play Pool with the crew
Marco Polo, anyone?
Ha! I guess Zu IS a fool
You can laugh at or with me . . .

. . . Most likely I've been clowning YOU for years, fool.

2 comments:

.:the one u love to hate:. said...

good shit
real poetical like

??? said...

saul williams=breath of fresh truth